Across our 3 strategic priorities of prevention; capacity building and workforce development; and access, equity and integration, we support codesign and community engagement approaches where people are the experts in their own lives.
We also support broader approaches to population health that take a strengths based approach to working with communities to strengthen connectedness and resilience.
Our commitment is reflected in a broad range of our work:
- Our focus on social inclusion, particularly working with local communities
- Building a dementia friendly community in Forest Hill using a codesign approach with carers and people living with dementia
- Our work with volunteering organisations under the IHP plan for social inclusion
- We continue to support the very successful Opening Doors community leadership program which has a wide-reaching impact on increasing social connectedness for many groups within the community in the inner east
- Supporting increased understanding of codesign, consumer engagement and empowerment approaches through our professional development program and network meetings
- Our regional approach to strengthening health literacy by supporting professional development and shared learning