Healthy Ageing is a priority area for the Inner East Primary Care Partnership. The aim of our work is to promote, build and support the health and well-being of people aged 50 years and over in the Eastern Metropolitan Region (EMR).
We work to support our partners by facilitating collaboration, networks, and working groups; promoting best practice and innovation; contributing to the evidence base and supporting local initiatives; providing information and resources; and improving organisational capacity and workforce to promote the health and well-being of older adults in the EMR.
Some key areas of our work are:
- Dementia Friendly Communities – working with community to make Forest Hill more dementia friendly
- Healthy Ageing evidence base – improving our understanding of the health, wellbeing, independence and safety needs of older people in the Eastern Metropolitan Region
- Supporting Practitioners – providing regular updates to practitioners who work with older people
- Reframing ageing and tackling ageism
- Promoting physical activity as a key to healthier ageing
For more information contact Sharon Porteous on (03) 8843 2254 or [email protected]