- Event Date: 04/07/2019
- Time: 8.45 am - 1.30 pm
- Location: Karralyka Centre Mines Road Ringwood East, Victoria 3134
- Contact Name: Belinda Budd
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 0388432305
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/physical-activities-for-the-over-sixties-tickets-62830828700?aff=ebdssbeac
The Inner East Primary Care Partnership together with the Eastern Region Local Government Healthy Ageing Network is pleased to offer a half-day forum for Eastern Metropolitan Region physical activity providers to motivate and support the over 60’s to be more active.
We know that many people over 60 years are not reaching their recommended physical activity requirements and face health issues due to inactivity.
This forum will increase your knowledge about
- why physical activity is important for people over 60 years of age;
- what their physical activity needs are;
- ways to increase physical activity opportunities for people over 60 years, particularly those who are disadvantaged and less likely to participate.
Featuring keynote speakers:
- Professor David Dunstan, Head of Physical Activity, Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
- Genevieve Nolan, Programs Manager, Musculoskeletal Australia
This is a free catered event, morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Registrations close Monday 1st July 2019.
Enquiries: Belinda Budd – firstname.lastname@example.org