- Event Date: 02/05/2019
- Time: 9am-11am
- Location: Whitehorse Civic Centre -Willis room 397 Whitehorse Rd Nunawading
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 0412 080 945
Join us for an informative discussion and question time on Dual Disability and NDIS presented by a panel of experts in the sector.
Sylvia Page- Senior Project Officer-Intensive Support Team- DHHS
Daniel Rose- Senior Project Officer – Intensive Support Team – DHHS
Kerrie Handcock- Principal Practice Leader-Vic Office of Professional Practice
Teresa Mc Clelland- Vic State Manager – ERMHA
Steve Lowe- Regional Co-ordinator Gippsland-Boosting Local Care Workforce Program
Discussion points include:
- People with intellectual disabilities are 4-5 times more likely to have a mental illness than the general population
- People with communication difficulties can be difficult to diagnose
- How do you know when a challenging behaviour indicates a mental illness?
- What training, skills and support does our workforce need?
- How does a dual diagnosis of Intellectual Disability and Psycho-social disability affect a participants NDIS plan?
- How do we know whether a medication or intervention is either a clinical prescription or a restrictive intervention/chemical restraint?
Check our website for updates