- Event Date: 26/10/2021
- Time: 11.30 AM - 12.30 PM AEST
- Location: Webinar
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/your-wellbeing-social-and-emotional-strategies-registration-169431366779
As Australia gets closer to reaching a COVID-19 vaccination coverage that will allow restrictions to ease, older people are looking ahead to what a reopening will look like for them.
We can support older people to start preparing to get back to doing what they love with the people they love as soon as they can do so safely.
The third webinar in the three-part wellbeing series brings together researchers, health and wellbeing specialists and people with lived experience.
Join them as they share their tips, ideas and suggestions so you or an older person you know can take care of your social and emotional needs, ready to live life to the fullest when your community reopens after the current COVID restrictions.
In webinar 3 Your Wellbeing: Social and Emotional Strategies we will cover:
- Impact of COVID-19 on social and emotional well-being.
- Staying connected with others.
- Creativity ideas.
- Available mental health and social supports.
You’ll hear from:
- Dr Gail Kenning, University of NSW Researcher
- Val Fell, Member, OPAN National Older Persons Reference Group
- Maurie Voisey-Barlin, Creative Elder Engagement Specialist
- Dr Anne-Nicole Casey, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing
You will have the opportunity to ask our experts questions during the live Q&A.
Please note this webinar will be recorded and a replay link will be sent to attendees a few days after the event. The recording will also be uploaded to the Older Persons Advocacy Network website.