- Event Date: 31/03/2021
- Time: 2:00pm to 3:30pm AEDT
- Location: Webinar
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.dca.org.au/user/login?destination=civicrm/event/register%3Freset%3D1%26id%3D438
Inclusion at work occurs when a diversity of people (e.g. of different ages, cultural backgrounds, genders) feel valued and respected, have access to opportunities and resources, and can contribute their perspectives and talents to improve their organisation.
Creating an inclusive workplace is fundamental to maximising diversity and creating successful organisations – it’s not enough to have a mix of people in your organisation; it’s about getting that mix to work.
At this event, DCA has partnered with HSBC Bank to investigate how organisations and leaders can build their capabilities in inclusion.
DCA CEO Lisa Annese will present the range of DCA’s resources on inclusion and we will hear how organisations are having success in building inclusion in their workplaces.
Join MC Mariam Veiszadeh, Members & Advisory Director, to unpack inclusion in the workplace and to investigate:
- The state of inclusion and exclusion in Australian workplaces
- What inclusive leadership and why it’s important
- The role of inclusive language
- Inclusive recruitment
- New frontiers on inclusion such as Class
- The challenges of inclusion with remote teams.
DCA’s CEO Lisa Annese will present the range of DCA’s resources on inclusion and we will hear how organisations are having success in building inclusion in their workplaces and our panel will bring a variety of perspectives:
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Mitch Hibbens, Program Director MURRA Indigenous Business Masterclass Program, Melbourne Business School
- Kylie McGavin, Head of Talent Human Resources, HSBC Bank Australia and
- Lisa Annese, Chief Executive Officer, Diversity Council Australia
First time registering for a DCA event?
All employees of our member organisations have complete access to our insightful events program. To register for an event, first create your individual member log-in by visiting www.dca.org.au/user/register and follow the prompts. Your account approval will take approximately one business day. For urgent registrations email email@example.com.
Who should attend
Participation in DCA events is free for all member employees and a significant benefit of membership that we urge you to maximise.
Live-captions can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet or computer etc.
If you need an Auslan interpreter, let us know 10 working days before the event.
If you have any other access needs let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org