- Event Date: 09/04/2020
- Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Website: https://events.humanitix.com/virtually-possible-community-engagement-in-the-time-of-social-distancing
Join this 60-minute webinar to find out how to use digital tools and facilitation methods to engage and co-design with communities remotely.
Community and stakeholder engagement is a critical component of the design, implementation and evaluation of strategic approaches.
This work needs to continue to enable organisations to thrive, and to effectively address societal needs, particularly in challenging times like the COVID-19 crisis.
Most of us still conduct consultation and engagement via traditional means: through in-person workshops and forums. It’s what we know, and we know it works.
Even as social distancing and self-isolation practices increase across the community, there are a range of tools and approaches to engagement which can allow this work to continue.
This is an opportunity for us to innovate how we work.
- a framework to assess which engagement methods will help you to meet your goals;
- alternative virtual methods to achieve these goals, and a simple decision-making matrix for determining if these are appropriate; and
- facilitation approaches and digital tools to support effective virtual engagement.
Who should attend?
This webinar is aimed at community engagement practitioners, social researchers, service designers, program managers or evaluators, and campaigners.
Pricing and webinar details:
- Online event – in this interactive session, you’ll have the chance to have your questions answered live by our presenters.
- Individual access from $55 (Don’t forget! If your organisation is listed in the Guide to Giving, you’re entitled to a 10% discount. If you don’t remember how to redeem your discount, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ticket price includes:
- Live access to the webinar — all you need is a computer and/or phone
- Access to the interactive chat box to have your questions answered live
- Digital Post Webinar Pack — the packs are emailed to you a week after the webinar and include the audio and visual recordings, slide deck, and (if purchased) the webinar book. The webinar book includes the session’s transcript with corresponding slides, the live chat stream and presenter notes.
Melanie Yap leads Ellis Jones’ social impact work. She heads an expert team delivering shared value strategy, social innovation, impact measurement, and initiative design projects, nationally. She has more than 12 years of experience working across business, government and not-for-profit sectors to develop, implement and evaluate social impact strategies and programs.
Eleanor Downie, Service and Visual Designer. Eleanor is a designer with experience working in Melbourne and Hong Kong. She has delivered client projects of all shapes and sizes and understands the importance of storytelling for brands to thrive. She regularly designs and facilitates Ellis Jones’ co-design, design thinking and human centred design workshops as part of larger projects.
About Pro Bono Webinars:
Our 60-minute webinars are the capacity building tool you need to help you grow your impact. Curated specifically for people working in purpose-driven organisations, they’ll equip you with actionable takeaways that you can implement in your day-to-day.
Don’t believe us? Check out what others have said about us:
“Fantastic webinar, very stimulating. Lots to think about and will definitely open up some interesting conversations at work.”
“Thank you for hosting webinars on topical issues. Well done.”
“Loving it, keep it up! And thanks!”
Plus, by buying a webinar you are helping us increase our impact. As a social enterprise and B Corp, we’re a for-profit business that exists to make a positive impact. We fund ourselves through a number of paid products so that we can keep our news service and skilled volunteering opportunities free. Find out more about our social impact.