- Event Date: 13/05/2019
- Time: 9.15am - 4pm
- Location: Dandenong ART Building, Conference Room. 126 - 128 Cleeland St, Dandenong
- Contact Phone: 03 9231 3300
- Website: https://shop.monash.edu/community-development-in-mental-health-practice.html
About the workshop
This workshop is designed to introduce mental health practitioners to community development principles and practices in mental health service delivery and recovery care.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Discuss the role of community development in relation to diversity and mental health.
- Discuss community development and its role in recovery-oriented mental health care.
- Explore the role of community development in advancing the human rights of mental health consumers and carers, and issues of power.
- Explore the relationship between community development work, and the roles of practitioners.
- Discuss community development process and practice principles.
- Explore the role of community development in creating service development strategies and approaches.
- Reflect on ethical practice and challenges in community development work.
This workshop builds on introductory-level training offered by Victorian Transcultural Mental Health (VTMH). Participants are asked to have either engaged in a VTMH introductory workshop within the last 3 years or alternatively view the free online training module, Orientation to Cultural Responsiveness, available via the VTMH website prior to attending this workshop.