- Event Date: 07/05/2019
- Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Website: https://training.dvrcv.org.au/course-details/?course_id=44076&course_type=w
If you’re doing gender equality or primary prevention work, it’s likely that you’ve come across backlash and resistance. This one-day workshop for practitioners will give you effective, evidence-based tools and strategies to respond to resistance.
Topics covered include:
• Background and evidence about backlash and resistance in the prevention sector.
• Understanding different forms of resistance.
• Resistance responses and how to minimise their impact and address their underlying causes.
• Framing effective strategies to manage resistance for programs and organisations.
• Managing how resistance affects you through self-care, supportive allies and other program techniques.
Course Costs (per participant):
$365 (non-SHS funded workers)
$155 (PiP Members and SHS funded workers)