- Event Date: 04/11/2020 - 06/11/2020
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Melbourne (Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre)
- Contact Name: Grant Smyth
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 0411494850
- Website: https://probonoaustralia.com.au/events/the-connecting-up-conference-2020/
First established in 2004, the Connecting Up Conference is targeted at organisations who are interested in using technology and innovation to improve their impact and achieve better outcomes for the communities they serve.
As technology and the digital landscape continue to evolve rapidly and the competition becomes stronger, not-for-profit organisations need to continue to innovate to keep up with the changes. This is where the Connecting Up Conference can help.
The 2020 Conference encompasses the theme of ‘’Evolve” and will inspire and empower not-for-profits and charities to enhance their organisations through technology and best-practice to fulfil their missions.
This process of evolving is more relevant than ever in the current era of disaster recovery and mitigation due to the damage caused by the 2019-20 Australian bushfire season.
By coming together to learn from global and national not-for-profit sector leaders, technology providers and peers, not-for-profit organisations across Australia can be educated and inspired to have a powerful and adaptive impact into the future.
The conference is an excellent opportunity for not-for-profit organisations to learn from inspiring international and local speakers, engage and share with other delegates and walk away with new insights to help their organisation drive greater social change.
Confirmed speakers and panellists include:
- Jodie Sangster, Chief Marketing Officer at IBM
- Melissa Kaplan, Digital Architect at Microsoft
- Nic Marchesi, Founder at Orange Sky Australia
- Patrick Callahan, Executive Director of Tech Impact (US)
- Wendy Williams, Editor of Pro Bono News
- Alecia Hancock, Director of Hancock Creative
And as part of the conference, the annual Australian Not-for-Profit Technology Awards gala dinner recognises the very best uses of technology in the not-for-profit sector across eight categories, including innovation, lifetime service, community impact and technology use by Indigenous Australians.
The Connecting Up Conference is supported by a large number of technology organisations, many of which exhibit at our 36-booth conference exhibition offering a wide range of technology solutions, advice and support tailored specifically for not-for-profits.
Event Category: Communities | Education | Fundraising | General | Governance / Management | Innovation | Leadership | Marketing / PR | Policy / Government | Research | STEM | Technology | Volunteering