- Event Date: 12/03/2019
- Time: 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- Location: Maroondah Federation Estate 32 Greenwood Avenue Ringwood, VIC 3134
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/responding-to-disclosures-in-the-east-tickets-56760204299
Together for Equality & Respect, Women’s Health East and EDVOS present: Responding to disclosures in the east, an event specifically designed to meet the needs of prevention practitioners in the east.
The objectives of the session are to:
- Increase prevention workers knowledge of supports available in the eastern metropolitan region for women who have experienced violence
- Increase prevention practitioner confidence in utilising referral pathway.
- Provide information and techniques for handling disclosures.
- Emphasise self -care, and boundaries for prevention workers when handling disclosures
The event will feature:
- Presentations from service providers in the East including: Victoria Police, Eastern Community Legal Centre, EDVOS, Boorndawan Willam Aboriginal Healing Service, and Doncare.
- A panel of service representatives to respond to questions from the audience.
- Presentation from EDVOS Prevention Practitioner Brianna and Specialist Family Violence Advocate Gabrielle on how to handle disclosures in the field and self care.
Afternoon tea will be provided.