- Event Date: 22/02/2021
- Time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Location: Fitzroy Town Hall, 201 Napier Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/rewrite-the-future-possible-alternative-futures-for-australia-in-2030-tickets-137316694931
When challenges present, changemakers stop, reflect and then get busy.
in 2020, Climate and Health Alliance brought together over 100 thought leaders with futures experts to discuss possible alternative futures for Australia in 2030.
The resulting scenarios (Head in the Sand, Short Memory, Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places, We Can Do This, and Our Island Home) describe the future we might expect from a range of different pathways.
Some of the insights from our engagement in futures thinking remind us that:
- the future will likely be different in many respects from the present;
- the future is not fixed, but consists of a variety of alternatives;
- people (ie us) are responsible for choosing between those alternatives; and
- the policies, strategies and actions we choose can help us realise the futures we consider desirable and prevent those we consider undesirable.
This event provides the opportunity to hear from leading experts about the development of these possible alternative scenarios for Australia in 2030 and discuss the steps to a Healthy, Regenerative and Just future.
We are delighted to have a panel of incredible climate-health leaders to form the expert panel: Professor Tony Capon, Director of Monash Sustainable Development Institute; Professor Kerry Arabena, Chair of Indigenous Health, University of Melbourne and Managing Director First 1000 Days Australia; Dr Arnagretta Hunter, Human Futures Fellow, Australian National University; Professor Melissa Haswell, Professor of Practice in Environmental Wellbeing, University of Sydney; and Fiona Armstrong, Founder and Executive Director of Climate and Health Alliance.
Not able to attend in person? This event will be livestreamed – register now to receive the link to join.
This event is part of the National Sustainable Living Festival. Reserve your spot by getting your ticket now.
PS. If we cannot go ahead in-person due to government health restrictions, we will shift the event to entirely online and refund any difference between the in-person and online ticket prices.