- Event Date: 13/02/2020 - 14/02/2020
- Location: Deakin Downtown 727 Collins Street Tower 2, Level 12 Melbourne, VIC 3008
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/respect-prevent-respond-conference-2020-tickets-68235920475
Welcome to the 2nd Respect. Prevent. Respond. Conference.
This year’s conference theme is ‘Working with diversity and intersectionality in the tertiary education sector’.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all those who contributed to a successful and enriching 2019 conference. Especially our external stakeholders who so generously gave their time and energy to shape the program and those that travelled far and wide to attend and to reaffirm our sector-wide commitment to the prevention, elimination and appropriate response to sexual harm in the tertiary education sector.
It is with great pleasure that I announce the 2020 conference theme, ‘Working with diversity and intersectionality in the tertiary education sector.’ The conference will continue to have a focus on the prevention and response to sexual harm. We hope that the 2020 theme will provide an opportunity to expand and build upon the conversation in 2019 to ensure that diversity and intersectionality is at the forefront of our work.
This year we have made improvements to our conference following the feedback and advice of participants and stakeholders. This includes ensuring that at least a third of our Conference Reference Group members are students. At Deakin, we firmly believe that our students are the University’s true north and we look forward to working in partnership with them.
We have ensured that another third of our Conference Reference Group are external stakeholders, so that our sector can be well linked to practices and activities with community and government agencies.
Lastly, I would like to thank the current Chair of the Conference Reference Group, Professor Ann Taket who gave up her time and energy to see this conference to fruition, and to welcome Associate Professor Lisa Hanna who shall chair the Reference Group when Professor Taket retires at the end of year.
I look forward to seeing you at Deakin Downtown in 2020 and to learn about the progress, research and practices across the sector.
Executive Director, Student Life
- Technical and Further Education (TAFE)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET)
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Independant education and training providers
- Student residential college and accommodation services
- Academics and researchers
- Directors and managers of student services
- Managers of counselling and psychological services
- University, TAFE, RTO and VET sector psychologists, counsellors and social workers
- Campus services and facilities
- Campus security
- Workplace health and safety officers and managers
- Equity and diversity practitioners
- International student support officers and managers
- Student’s right officers and advocates
- Student engagement managers and officers
- Primary prevention officers and practitioners
- Respectful relationships educators
- Residential college or accommodation services staff
- Safer community advisors and managers