- Event Date: 05/05/2021
- Time: 9:45 am – 4:00 pm AEST
- Location: The Annex, Japara Living and Learning Centre 54-58 Durham Road Kilsyth, VIC 3137
- Contact Name: 9231 1926 or 9231 1935
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/culture-centred-care-workshop-kilsyth-tickets-146849371423
The Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA) aims to improve palliative care by increasing the skills and confidence of health professionals caring for people with life-limiting illnesses, and their families.
- How cultural values and world views affect experience and expectations of palliative care;
- How to elicit culturally significant information in a sensitive way;
- How to plan for the culturally relevant needs of clients, families, and friends; and
- How to identify when a communication problem is occurring and apply effective strategies to resolve it.
Dr Hung Nguyen
The workshop will be presented in partnership with Palliative Care Victoria and will be delivered by Dr Hung Nguyen. Dr Nguyen works as a General Practitioner in multicultural Glen Waverley. He has extensive clinical and teaching experience in cross-cultural medicine.
This Workshop is limited to 20 places, so please register soon to avoid disappointment.
An email confirming registration to attend will be sent from PEPA to participants.
If you have registered and find you are unable to attend, please advise us as soon as possible, as these workshops are in high demand and we can offer your place to another participant. If you do not advise us and don’t attend, you will incur an administration fee. Thank you for your understanding.
Follow us on Facebook:
Would you like to see first hand what specialist palliative care providers do?
Observational placements are available for doctors, nurses, allied health and Aboriginal health professionals who are employed in health fields (e.g. hospitals, community, residential aged care facilities, general practice).
Contact PEPA Victoria on 9231 1926 or 9231 1935 for more details, or go to the PEPA website and download an information booklet: https://pepaeducation.com/