- Event Date: 03/06/2019
- Time: Registration 9:00am. Workshop 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Location: Karralyka Centre Mines Road Ringwood, VIC 3134
- Contact Name: Helena Ryder
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 03 9231 1926
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/palliative-approach-in-aged-care-ringwood-vic-tickets-61210351810
ATTENTION: Health Professionals – Aged Care
PALLIATIVE APPROACH IN AGED CARE WORKSHOP
Aim of the Workshop:
Acquire knowledge, skills and confidence in providing palliative care for people with a life-limiting illness and their families.
- The palliative approach
- Advance care planning and voluntary assisted dying
- Assessment and care planning
- Managing common symptoms
- Supporting the psychosocial needs of clients
- Supporting the spiritual needs of clients
- Caring for the professional caregiver
- End-of-life considerations
Facilitators: Jane Newbound. Jane has many years of experience working in both aged care and palliative care sectors, and understands the challenges for aged care health professionals when caring for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Target Audience: Health professionals.
Time: Registration 9:00am. Workshop 9.30am to 3.30pm
Contact: Helena Ryder PH: 03 9231 1926 Email: email@example.com
Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
This workshop is limited to 25 places, so please register soon to avoid disappointment.
An email confirming registration to attend will be sent from PEPA to participants.
If you have registered and find you are unable to attend, please advise us as soon as possible, as these workshops are in high demand and we can offer your place to another participant. If you do not advise us and don’t attend, you will incur an administration fee. Thank you for your understanding.
Would you like to see first hand what specialist palliative care providers do?
Observational placements are available for doctors, nurses, allied health and Aboriginal health professionals who are employed in health fields (e.g. hospitals, community, residential aged care facilities, general practice).
Contact PEPA Victoria on 9231 1935 or 9231 1926 for more details, or go to the PEPA website and download an information booklet: https://pepaeducation.com/