- Event Date: 17/09/2019
- Time: 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Location: Location Multicultural Centre for Women's Health Level 2, 134 Cambridge Street, Collingwood VIC 3066
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/intersectionality-101-workshop-tickets-47411442902
Intersectionality 101 is an interactive three-hour workshop that introduces intersectionality as an effective concept and tool for community workers, health providers and policy-makers. This workshop is suitable for those with basic knowledge of intersectionality and want to ensure that their work promotes gender equality and social justice.
Participants will leave with a clear understanding of:
- The essential elements of an intersectional approach
- How the history of intersectionality has evolved over time and how it has impacted on the practice of feminism
- The ways in which intersectionality informs policy and service delivery
Each participant will leave with a hardcopy of MCWH’s Intersectionality Matters: a guide to engaging immigrant and refugee communities in the prevention of violence against women.
Please note: Intersectionality 101 is the foundational module in a series of six modules that make up the Common Threads training program. If you are interested in finding out about other modules and booking into more than one module please get in contact for a full program brochure
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
How is this training different from others?
MCWH training draws from the current evidence-base and from lived experience. Our transformational training is grounded in our professional experience, spanning 40 years of immigrant and refugee women’s health education programs, advocacy and leadership and cutting across issues of both race and gender equality. MCWH operates from an intersectional feminist approach and has first-hand knowledge of how intersectionality plays out in policy and practice. We have expertise in making concepts accessible to a wide range of audiences in different contexts.