- Event Date: 27/05/2021
- Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM AEST
- Location: Online Event
- Contact Name: Laura Riccardi, Health Promotion Officer (Women's Health East)
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/managing-post-procedure-presentation-for-medical-abortion-an-overview-tickets-147926093929?aff=ebdssbonlinesearch
Overview to early medical abortion provision:
Women’s Health East, in collaboration with Eastern Access Community Health (EACH) Ringwood, Family Planning Victoria (FPV) and the Clinical Champion Project (CCP) at the Royal Women’s Hospital, will deliver two online education sessions to support the provision of best practice early medical abortion (EMA) services in Eastern Metropolitan Melbourne.
The sessions are designed for medical and nursing professionals including General Practitioners, nurses and pharmacists, who may be existing, emerging or interested providers of EMA care. Broadly, the sessions are intended to support health professional knowledge, skill and confidence to provide best practice EMA. This is the second in a series of two sessions.
The second session will cover the following content:
- Case study on presentations post procedure including local referral pathways
- Pain and bleeding post procedure
- MS Health e-module for doctors and pharmacists
- 1800myoptions service profile
- Question and Answer session
The intended learning outcomes for this session include:
- Increase clinical knowledge of best practice early medical abortion care
- Identify the essential clinical and organisational components of early medical abortion service delivery
- Describe local abortion pathways in the region (including 1800myoptions)
- Identify ongoing clinical supports available to EMA service providers
- Identify the ongoing training and support needs of EMA providers
For more information about this training, please contact Laura Riccardi, Health Promotion Officer (Women’s Health East) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you will receive an email with the Zoom link upon registration.