- Event Date: 10/05/2021
- Time: 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM AEST
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/leadership-for-systems-change-tickets-144330501415?utm_campaign=post_publish&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_content=shortLinkNewEmail
Why this course?
In response to a noticeable need, Chad Foulkes and Geoff Brown’s work has become increasingly focused on helping leaders work with the complexity that surrounds them.
In this course, you will be supported to improve your performance as a leader. You will learn how to develop emergent strategies and initiatives that get to the root cause of complex-system problems. You will walk out of each session with practical tools and processes that can be applied to your work the next day.
In this six-session course you will:
• Tackle and make progress on a real-life work challenge that you bring to the course
• Re-imagine leadership and apply practical strategies to support you to lead and plan in times of high uncertainty and complexity
• Work with stories to evaluate system-change initiatives and make better decisions
• Apply a core set of principles and practices to make your system-change efforts more adaptive and resilient
• More effectively use a range of digital platforms for collaboration and technologies that you can apply in your work right away!
Praise for Leadership for systems change
“I had never heard about some of the tools in this course before. They provided some inspiration, and I like having a tool kit to go to that supports me in my work as well as thinking differently”
“Enormous value with some of these tools and the well thought out process and execution”
“I have learned to look after myself by building a habit of pausing”
Course creators and facilitators
As consultants, Geoff and Chad have helped many leadership teams to address the underlying causes of complex social and environmental problems. Geoff and Chad are sharing their learnings and tools to help you get a better handle on complexity, make better decisions and grow as a leader.
This course brings together years of applying theory and practice practice from fields as diverse as: Participatory leadership; Psychology; Neuroscience; Improvisational Theatre; Systems Thinking & Complexity Science; Deliberative democracy practices
The practical bits
Courses run weekly at the same time (except 14 June). The course begins 10th May and the final session is on 21st June.
You will be provided notes, links, references, and resources after each session.
You will be joined with others through an online platform to discuss course content, what you’re trialing, access, and share resources.
Cost : $1,870 – $2,310