- Event Date: 17/11/2021 - 18/11/2021
- Location: Live and virtual
- Website: https://heal2021.com.au/
Join a 2-day live and virtual HEAL 2021 Conference to experience an inspirational forum for knowledge transfer, scientific debate, and community-wide conversations about research and policy priority setting on human health, climate and environmental change solutions in Australia.
It involves researchers, policy makers, health practitioners, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations, community members, charities, businesses and other stakeholders from across Australia and neighbouring countries in the Indo-Pacific region.
This highly innovative conference has a hybrid multi-node format, which will stimulate debate, provide in-person interaction and networking opportunities for participants in eight nodes covering all Australian jurisdictions, as well as an enhanced online experience for virtual participation from Australia and overseas.
Australian National University
HEAL 2021 Conference Chair
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and knowledge translation for building resilience to environmental change
- Health system resilience to environmental change and sustainability
- Bushfires, air pollution, heatwaves, and other extreme events, and their impact on physical, mental, and community health
- Food, soil and water safety and security in a changing environment
- Biosecurity, COVID-19 and emerging Infections in the context of environmental change
- Urban health, built environment and nature based solutions
- Rural and remote health
- Clean energy solutions for healthy environments and lives
- At-risk populations, early life effects and life-course solutions
- Data and decision support systems for environmental health applications
- Science communication, citizen science, and risk perception
- Planetary Health equity
Read the full program and and bios for the speakers by visiting the Heal 2021 website.