- Event Date: 13/10/2021 - 14/10/2021
- Time: 10 am – 1pm
- Location: Online Event
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/qGUUC71R2ATVomDh8ieug?domain=womenshealthvic.com.au
Masterclass Series – Gender transformative practice to prevent violence against women
This Masterclass is delivered across two 3-hour sessions and aims to build your confidence and skills to undertake effective gender transformative practice as part of your primary prevention and gender equality work.
This Masterclass explores the key theoretical principles underpinning gender transformative work, asking you to reflect on your own practice and experience.
On completion of this Course you will have:
- a deeper understanding of the theoretical framework underpinning gender transformative practice and how it applies to their work
- greater insight into applying an intersectional lens to their gender transformative practice
- greater insight into addressing some of the challenges and opportunities of gender transformative practice, including working with men and boys and transforming masculine stereotypes, practitioner care and self-care.
Note: While an intersectional lens has been embedded across this training, there is also a section of the Course Interactive Webinar specifically focusing on intersectional practice.
To bring together mid, senior and expert level practitioners in a supported space to work through practical activities that will build their skills and confidence to undertake good practice primary prevention action that seeks to transform gender norms, practices and structures in order to prevent violence against women and promote gender equality.
This Masterclass includes two 3-hour interactive online webinars and a number of self-paced activities to complete prior to attending the first webinar.
Time and assessment
This Masterclass will take approximately 7 hours to complete, including self-directed activities/reading and two 3-hour interactive webinars. The Masterclass does not include an assessment but does required interactive engagement by participants in webinar activities.
On completion of this Masterclass a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Why do this course
The WHV Masterclass Series is aimed at mid-senior level practitioners who are undertaking the primary prevention of violence against women and would like to deepen their knowledge in any of the areas of PVAW communication, monitoring and evaluation or gender transformative practice. These interactive workshops allow you to learn from discussion and exploration, activities, experienced facilitators and your peers. If you are working in PVAW in any setting and have a solid understanding of the drivers of violence you will find value in the Masterclass series.
This Masterclass is for mid to senor level practitioners to work through activities to build skills and confidence to undertake good practice primary prevention action that seeks to transform gender norms, practices and structures in order to promote gender equality. This workshop will give you a deeper understanding of the application of gender transformative and intersectional practice to your work.
This Masterclass is for practitioners with strong PVAW knowledge as described in the foundational knowledge capabilities in the PFV&VAW Capability Framework. Practitioners will be supported to build their skills and knowledge across a range of capabilities including:
- Ability 1a: Able to use research and evidence in the design of PVAW initiatives
- Ability 2c: Able to implement initiatives which strengthen the capacity of organisation and institutions to prevent violence against women
- Ability 2d: Able to implement initiatives to address structural and systemic barriers to PVAW initiatives
- Ability 2e: Able to implement universal and tailored initiatives within ensure the PVAW activities are relevant to reach diverse groups and communities
- Ability 2f: Able to anticipate and mange resistance to change and backlash arising from PVAW activity
- Ability 2g: Able to identify and manage risk in implementation of PVAW initiatives
Each online delivery is capped at 20 participants. Minimum numbers apply in order for the scheduled training to proceed.
This Masterclass is designed for practitioners working in the PVAW sector. Participants are required to have a strong understanding of violence against women, primary prevention, Change the Story, and the causes/drivers of violence against women as this content will not be covered in the workshop.
Discounts apply for concession card holders and staff working in the following organisations:
- Victorian Women’s Health Services
- Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
Other training opportunities
To access our existing suite of online training, including our Gender Equity Microcredentials, flexible online courses and the new Workplace Equality Microcredentials visit our website.
For any further questions please contact us at email@example.com