- Event Date: 28/03/2019 - 28/03/2019
- Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Level 8, 255 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000
- Contact Name: Bianca Walsh, Health Promotion Officer and Training Coordinator
- Contact Phone: (03) 9664 9338
- Website: http://womenshealthvic.com.au/event-3249311
Learn the practical skills you need to design, deliver and evaluate gender sensitive programs and services. This activity-based workshop will be your introductory step-by-step guide to performing a gender analysis in practice.
The workshop covers:
- Identifying gendered norms, practices and structures and their impact
- Approaches to gender inclusive program design
- Tools and frameworks for conducting a gender analysis
- How to use real world data to support your work including an introduction to the Women’s Health Atlas
- Real life scenarios and the application of a gender analysis
These skills are particularly relevant for working with Municipal Public Health and Well-being Plans, Victoria’s Gender Equality Strategy, or working to prevent violence against women.
Bianca Walsh is the health promotion officer and training coordinator at Women’s Health Victoria. Bianca brings over seven years’ experience managing and facilitating training to diverse volunteer programs that support newly arrived communities and robust community facilitation and training experience within the social justice and non for-profit sector.
Stephanie Rich has over ten years’ experience working in health promotion, policy and research, specialising in women’s health, gender equity and the prevention of violence against women.
This workshop is designed for all audiences interested in delivering gender equitable and gender sensitive programs and services. These skills are particularly relevant for working with Municipal Public Health and Well-being Plans, Victoria’s Gender Equality Strategy, or working to prevent violence against women.