- Event Date: 06/08/2020
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm AEST
- Location: Online Event
- Website: https://events.humanitix.com/gen-vic-under-the-radar-policy-and-practice-forum
The annual GEN VIC Under the Radar forum looks at invisible systems and institutions of sexism and misogyny that affect Victorian women.
This forum is designed to build the capacity of practitioners, researchers, advocates and policymakers to work towards a more gender-equitable Victoria.
This year we will be taking a critical look at three key issues, hearing from local, interstate and international experts on:
- Tackling gendered cyberhate and misogyny online: taking an intersectional approach
- Gender and Disaster: intersectional perspectives and racism during COVID-19
- Shaking up the system: addressing institutional sexism in the legal industry
Our Keynote speaker is Khara Jabola-Carolus, Executive Director of Hawai’i State Commission on the Status of Women.
Khara Jabola-Carolus is the Executive Director of the Hawai’i State Commission on the Status of Women, a government agency in the United States dedicated to restoring the venerated status of women, femme-identified and non-binary people.
Khara will be talking about Hawaii’s Feminist Economic Recovery Plan for COVID19 which she oversaw. The Plan, Building Bridges not Walking on Backs, recognises that COVID19 presents an opportunity to build a system that is capable of gender equality, that has the capacity to reassess and fundamentally change the way women’s work is valued and compensated.
P.N. This is a free event for GEN VIC members