- Event Date: 04/05/2021 - 11/05/2021
- Time: 9:30am-12.30pm
- Contact Name: Isabella Roxburgh
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/framing-gender-equality-communication-masterclass-workplaces-the-ge-act-tickets-150660177647
Women’s Health East is delighted to announce the Framing Gender Equality Communication Masterclass: Workplace Settings and the Gender Equality Act 2020.
Facilitated by Mark Chenery, Co-founder and Director of CommonCause Australia, this Masterclass is a free event will be held on Tuesday 4th May and Tuesday 11th May 2021, 9:30am-12.30pm. It is open to Together for Equality & Respect (TFER) partners working in organisations that are a defined entity under the Gender Equality Act 2020 (GE Act), and to staff who will be involved in communicating about the GE Act or its implementation.
Held over two three-hour sessions, this Masterclass offers participants a unique opportunity to receive intensive support to apply the Framing Gender Equality Message Guide in practice. Participants will be placed into smaller groups and workshop an example of current or proposed work to create or re-design effective messaging for gender equality. There will be some homework to complete between the two sessions.
Participants are required to attend BOTH sessions. Places are limited to 20 participants and registrations for this event will close on Monday 26th April.
Before attending the Masterclass participants will need to be familiar with the following pre-reading and viewing:
- Framing Gender Equality Message Guide (approximately 15 minutes of reading)
- Common Cause Handbook pp. 8-27 (approximately 15 minutes of reading)
- WHE Gender Equality Act Factsheet (approximately 5 minutes of reading)
- Framing Gender Equality Message Guide: Key Insights and Recommendations from Testing 42m50s-1h06m (video – 24 minutes of viewing)
Please note that there may also be some homework to be completed in between the two sessions. For more information please contact:
Isabella Roxburgh, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for updates on the following upcoming Masterclasses:
- Workplace settings Masterclass (not GE Act focused): Wednesday, 9th & 16th June 9.30am-12.30pm
- Early Years settings Masterclass: Thursday, 5th & 12th August 9.30am-12.30pm
Acknowledgements: This Masterclass is funded by the Outer East PCP and organised by Women’s Health East.