- Event Date: 29/11/2019
- Time: 10.00am — 2:30pm
- Location: Chirnsides by the River, Chirnside Park, 220 Watton St, Werribee VIC 3030
- Contact Name: Tom Dixon - Participation Strategy Manager
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 9698 8106
- Website: https://vicsport.com.au/events/view/1257
To increase physical activity rates, we need to do sport differently
In partnership with VicHealth and the La Trobe University Centre for Sport and Social Impact, Vicsport is coordinating this forum to unpack Doing Sport Differently – six key principles that guide the design and delivery of sport-based programs that target less-active people through social and flexible sport.
In attending the forum, you will have the chance to:
- Hear first hand from managers and deliverers of social sport programs led by state sport associations and regional sports assemblies.
- Discuss ways to apply these insights to current or new programs in your organisation.
- Network and collaborate with sport and health organisations working towards the common goal of increasing health through physical activity.
This forum has been organised with the support of Wyndham City, targeting professionals and volunteers from state sport associations, regional sports assemblies, sport clubs, leagues and associations, local governments, health promotion and health services.
10.00am – Overview of Doing Sport Differently insights
10.30am – Workshop part 1: engaging an audience to remove barriers to participation
11.20am – Morning tea
11.40am – Workshop part 2: designing a positive customer experience for less active people
12.30pm – Lunch
1.00pm – Workshop part 3: thinking about the participant journey from a social sport program to ongoing participation in sport or active recreation
2.15pm – Wrap up
Please register below by Friday 22 November.
As this event is funded by VicHealth, not-for-profit health services, local government authorities, state sporting associations, regional sports assemblies and local clubs are able to register for FREE along with any other Vicsport members. Private businesses are welcome attend for $25.