- Event Date: 10/06/2021
- Time: 11am-12pm
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/covid-19-vaccines-your-questions-answered-tickets-153766849787
Hosted by Department of Health, this webinar is for all healthcare workers eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine as part of Phase 1.
Join Grace Carroll, Prof Ben Cowie and A/Prof Margie Danchin for an in-depth discussion about the COVID -19 Vaccines. Explore how the vaccines were developed, separate the facts from the myths and media hype, address concerns, and answer your questions.
Topics will include:
- The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination for healthcare workers, the people they care for and our community
- The difference between the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine
- How the vaccines were developed
- How effective are the vaccines and how long will they last?
- What are the possible side effects and early symptoms of an adverse reaction and what should I do?
- Make an informed choice about getting the vaccine yourself
- Greater confidence to talk to your patients
Grace Carroll, Infectious disease nurse, COVID-19 ward, Royal Melbourne Hospital
Grace is a Nurse Unit Manager at the Royal Melbourne Hospital. Hear firsthand her experience working in the COVID-19 ward and spending weeks in isolation after she contracted COVID-19, as well as her COVID-19 vaccination experience
Professor Ben Cowie, Senior Medical Advisor, Executive Director , COVID-19 Immunisation Program, Department of Health, Victoria
Professor Benjamin Cowie is an infectious diseases physician and epidemiologist, with a clinical appointment at the Victorian Infectious Diseases Service at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and a public health research appointment at the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory at the Doherty Institute.
A/Prof Margie Danchin , Chair, Collaboration on Social Science and Immunisation
A/Prof Margie is consultant paediatrician within the Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne and Murdoch Children’s Research Institute. She is an immunisation expert with over ten years of experience in vaccine clinical trials, vaccine safety, program evaluation, health system strengthening and vaccine policy.
This is a complimentary webinar. Places are limited and registration is required
The information provided in this webinar is general in nature. If you have any concerns about your health and getting the COVID-19 vaccine, please speak to your general practitioner or other health professional.
The COVID-19 vaccine is available to all eligible Victorian healthcare workers within phase 1. For more information please see the Invitation to receive a COVID-19 vaccine – healthcare workers.