- Event Date: 07/10/2021
- Time: 12.00pm to1.30pm
- Location: ZOOM
- Contact Name: Georgia Langmaid
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/climate-lens-on-health-promotion-tickets-170107795997
Climate change is widespread, rapid and intensifying. The changes in climate and the increase of extreme weather events are having significant impacts to the health of our communities. Health promotion is a discipline well placed to respond to the planetary health challenges we are facing today.
Hosted by enliven Victoria, Southern Melbourne PCP and Frankston Mornington Peninsula PCP, this free 1.5 hour webinar will assist health promotion practitioners to address climate change issues in a health promotion context.
- Role of health promotion in the Anthropocene
- What is planetary health?
- Importance of addressing ecological determinants and cultural determinants (including Indigenous Knowledge Systems)
- Health co-benefits of climate action
- Case studies of climate/health interventions
Participants will also have the opportunity to share learnings and barriers to incorporating climate action in their work and to identify what further support is required to build health promotion practitioner capacity