- Event Date: 11/09/2019
- Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Level 8, 255 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Vic 3000
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Contact Phone: 03 9664 9338
- Website: http://womenshealthvic.com.au/event-3420899
Providing the tools to take bystander action to prevent violence against women.
This three and a half hour active bystander training supports participants to speak up when confronted with everyday sexism and sexual harassment, as well as a range of behaviours and attitudes that justify, excuse, blame, trivialise or minimise violence against women.
This training takes participants through the causes, prevalence and impact of family violence, sexual harassment and other forms of violence against women. Participants are provided with bystander tools to build the skills and confidence to speak out against violence-supportive attitudes and behaviours.
- Increases participants’ understanding and confidence to discuss domestic violence and sexual harassment with your colleagues, friends and family.
- Builds participants’ skill to challenge attitudes and behaviours that support violence against women.
- Provides you with practical tools to be an active bystander.
WHV’s active bystander training focuses on the most pervasive forms of violence against women, but the active bystander tools can be used to challenge any form of discrimination, harassment, or bullying. The tools are designed to reinforces healthy, respectful behaviours and focuses on what people in the workplace and communities can do to make a difference.
Who should attend:
Designed for all audiences interested in taking action to prevent violence against women.
Full fee $125:00 (excluding GST)
Concession $85:00 (excluding GST)
Please contact us with any queries or any issues with registration. We are available by email email@example.com or by phone 9664 9338