- Event Date: 20/03/2019 - 20/03/2019
- Time: 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Location: Storey Hall (Building 16), RMIT University, 336-348 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/building-from-strength-tickets-55950556621
Family Safety Victoria’s Centre for Workforce Excellence, in partnership with the Future Social Service Institute, is holding a free one-day forum.
The forum will showcase innovative leadership and practice in responding to family violence from across the sector.
It will be a chance to hear from experts and sector leaders, and to be involved in dynamic workshops focused on leading change to improve outcomes in family violence.
The forum will feature:
- an international keynote address by Barbara MacQuarrie, Community Director of the Centre for Research & Education on Violence Against Women & Children at The University of Western Ontario. Barbara will focus on Canada’s response to family violence, including Project VEGA
- renowned comedian Nelly Thomas as Master of Ceremonies
- workshops led by sector leaders and experts on leading practice change
Participants will have the opportunity to choose from a number of breakout sessions which will enable them to deep dive into topics that are most relevant to them. We will be in touch with forum registrants closer to the date to provide the program and details about how to register for the breakout sessions.
Registration: Register for the forum via Eventbrite by Friday 8 March 2019. Please note there are limited spaces available for this free event.
Refreshments: Morning tea, lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please advise of any dietary requirements when you register.
Order of proceedings: Refer to the Family Safety Victoria web page for program updates.