- Event Date: 14/10/2021
- Time: 1:00pm to 2:30pm AEDT
- Location: Webinar
- Contact Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.dca.org.au/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=493
At this Diversity Leadership Program event, we will discuss the impact of living and working with a chronic illness and what an accessible and inclusive workplace looks like for employees with these illnesses.
Chronic illnesses are long lasting conditions with persistent effects. It is estimated that one in two Australians have or will have one or more of these chronic conditions which can have a significant impact on their working lives.
Often organisations and leaders find they are not equipped with the skills or understanding to support chronically ill employees, and this is largely due to a lack of awareness, understanding, and effective tools.
At this event, DCA CEO Lisa Annese will be joined by the Disability Discrimination Commissioner Dr Ben Gauntlett and a guest panel to discuss the impact of living and working with a chronic illness and what an accessible and inclusive workplace looks like for these employees.
We will hear from experts and people with lived experience who will discuss how organisations can:
- Improve understanding of chronic illness
- Address negative attitudes
- Make workplace adjustments, including flexible working
- Upskill managers
- Make it safe for people to disclose, should they wish to.
Our panel discussion will include:
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission,
- Emma Henningsen, Relationship Manager at Australian Network on Disability,
- Daniel Valiente-Riedl, General Manager at JobAccess, and
- Paul Cassar, Psychologist, Strategic Manager Mental Health at Gallagher Bassett.
First time registering for a DCA event?
All employees of our member organisations have complete access to our insightful events program. To register for an event, first create your individual member log-in by visiting www.dca.org.au/user/register and follow the prompts. Your account approval will take approximately one business day. For urgent registrations email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should attend
Participation in DCA events is free for all member employees and a significant benefit of membership that we urge you to maximise.
New Webex Events allows you to activate closed captions live in real time on the screen. You can also voice command and translations options. To learn more about Webex Events Accessibility Features click here.
If you need an Auslan interpreter, let us know 10 working days before the event.
If you have any other access needs let us know by emailing email@example.com.