- Event Date: 15/06/2018
- Time: 7:30 - 9:30am
- Location: RACV City Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne
The Royal Commission into Family Violence reported that elder abuse is an under-reported form of family violence that requires a unique response. This breakfast will explore the Victorian Government’s family violence reform agenda and its implications for older people and elder abuse. The session will showcase a number of initiatives already underway across the state and highlight what is next for making sure that older people get the support they need.
Speakers will include:
- Sharon Knight MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Human Services and chair of the Victorian Government Elder Abuse Advisory Group
- Sue Clifford, Chief Executive Officer, Family Safety Victoria
- Gerard Mansour, Commissioner for Senior Victorians and Ambassador for Elder Abuse Prevention
- Dean McWhirter, Assistant Commissioner, Family Violence Command, Victoria Police
Formal invitations to the forum and breakfast events will be sent out shortly.