- Event Date: 01/03/2018
- Time: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Location: Women’s Health Victoria, Level 8, 255 Bourke St, Melbourne
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pvaw-communication-masterclass-tickets-42483394978
This full day masterclass by Women’s Health Victoria aims to build your confidence and skills in crafting and sharing stories that communicate the drivers of violence against women.
- Key elements of a primary prevention story
- Ethical considerations developing and sharing stories
- Tailoring for your audience or setting
- Key messages and the drivers of violence against women
- Story crafting techniques and story shapes
This masterclass is designed for practitioners working in the PVAW sector. Participants are required to have a strong understanding of violence against women, primary prevention, Change the Story, and the causes/drivers of violence against women as this content will not be covered in the workshop.
- Kiri Bear is a professional facilitator, trainer and project manager. With 15 years’ experience in youth, community and government services, Kiri has been at the forefront of the PVAW field. Kiri is also an artist, poet and a storyteller.
- Linden Deathe is a gender equity practitioner, facilitator and training coordinator at Women’s Health Victoria, responsible for the design and delivery of professional development programs including the PVAW Communication Masterclass.