- Event Date: 01/11/2017
- Time: 10am - 12pm
- Location: VCOSS, Level 8, 128 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vcoss-roundtable-vulnerable-people-in-emergencies-policy-tickets-38747674337
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is reviewing the Vulnerable people in emergencies policy and is seeking feedback on the policy’s effectiveness and input into its future development.
The Vulnerable people in emergencies policy is a key part of Victoria’s emergency management arrangements to support vulnerable Victorians. DHHS funded agencies, including those transferring to NDIS funding, that provide personal support or case management services to people living in municipal council areas wholly or partly covered by the Country Fire Authority have obligations under the Policy. This includes screening their clients using vulnerable persons criteria for personal emergency planning or consideration for inclusion on a vulnerable persons register.
VCOSS is convening a consultation forum for community organisations to provide feedback on:
• the role of community organisations in emergencies
• the impact and effectiveness of the Vulnerable people in emergencies policy
• key challenges faced by organisations in implementing the Policy
• ideas for the future development of the Policy
We invite you or a representative of your organisation to a consultation forum to share your views with other community organisation members, and help inform our feedback to the government.