- Event Date: 06/03/2018 - 13/03/2018
- Time: 9:30 am– 3:30 pm
- Location: Suite 207, Level 2, Carringbush Building,134 Cambridge St, Collingwood, VIC 3152
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/beyond-cultural-competency-training-6-13-march-2018-tickets-41133022979
The Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health is pleased to offer Beyond Cultural Competency, a free, two-day workshop (6 & 13 March 2018) for those who want to improve their support of carers from refugee and immigrant backgrounds.
The two-day workshop will:
– Help identify ‘hidden’ carers in your work
– Enhance understanding of CALD carers and the unique barriers they face in accessing support services
– Explore the concept of intersectionality and how to apply it to our practice
– Identify best practice principles including cultural and linguistic appropriateness, and access and equity
– Run a workplace diversity audit
– Offer professionals the opportunity to reflect on their practice, and to develop strategies to improve their work with immigrant and refugee communities.