- Event Date: 10/10/2018
- Time: 8.45am - 12.30pm
- Location: MC2, Doncaster
- Website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/a-right-to-respect-preventing-violence-against-women-with-disabilities-tickets-49458796592
Manningham Council and Women with Disabilities Victoria (WDV) present A Right to Respect: Preventing Violence against Women with Disabilities Program
Dates: Wednesday 10th and 24th October 2018 (Morning Tea provided)
Community of Practice Workshop – Wednesday 13 February 2019 (Lunch provided)
Who should attend?
This program will benefit people who work in; disability sector, policy, planning and evaluation, aged care, schools and early learning, emergency services, family violence sector (response and prevention), health promotion, program delivery, legal sector, women’s health, LGBTI and CALD settings.
What you will learn?
• Impacts of violence against women with disabilities (WWD) may experience across various setting and diverse backgrounds
• Why gender inequity is a key driver (enabler) of violence against WWD/women
• Strategies and tools to prevent violence against WWD
• How gender equity practice can influence, enable positive change to ending violence against WWD
• Local services and programs which can assist you to respond to WWD who experience violence (Referral pathways)
• Develop a tailored approach to addressing gender and disability inequality, which you can use within your work role/community setting
• Collaboration and networking opportunities
For more information, please contact Bianca Evans (Gender Equity Training Coordinator) (03) 9286 7809.